(Contract – 6 months)
For our affiliate, AIC Global Holdings Inc.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations / analysis in a timely and accurate manner. Assist in the preparation of audit schedules for the year-end audits.
- Perform daily and weekly accounting functions relating to payments, transfers and any other duties as assigned.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare and reconcile HST, sales tax and payroll remittances
- Participate in team meetings to promote team building, review new policies and procedures and assist in problem identification and resolution.
- Achievement Orientation – A concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Analytical Thinking - Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc. by breaking it into smaller pieces
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance
- Commitment to Continuous Learning - Taking action to continuously learn in order to improve individual professionalism and effectiveness within the organisation
- Concern for Order - Reflects an underlying drive to reduce uncertainty in the surrounding environment
- Information Seeking - Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues
- Initiative – The ability to identify a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and taking action in light of this identification to address current or future problems or opportunities
- Teamwork and Cooperation -Works cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively
- Enrollment in Canadian Designated Accounting program required
- 2 – 3 years of previous accounting experience.
- Previous experience working with Great Plains Dynamics is desired.
- Previous tax experience an asset.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.